Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween

Umbriel reporting:

We don't celebrate Halloween in Finland and the All Saints Day isn't until next Saturday.

But we love playing dress up, so we have put on our scary costumes and we are pretending to collect candy and scare people. Mostly just scare people.


These are the Natterer boys Luc, Wolfi, Vinski and Aldo in their Ninja Turtle suits. They have big paper bags because they intend to collect lots of candy.


Here am I in my Black Batboy costume which you can't see well because it is so black. But it's good camouflage because it's so black outside. Except it's not really so black because we had a winter storm. We got mostly rain in this area, and only a little bit of wet snow. But we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow or next week. So the black batsuit is not the best camouflage.

The other scary guys in this picture are Mikko dressed as the King of the Ghosts and Nalle as his trusty bodyguard wearing his medal of valor. If weather forecasts are accurate, Mikko and Nalle have much better camouflage suits than I have.

Sir Isaac Newton (my newt) declared that scaring people is not dignified and not a suitable pastime for an eminent scientist, so he did not come with us to scare people. To have some pets with me I put a couple of cardboard bats into my bag. If people refuse to give us candy, I can sic the cardboard bats to attack them.

Do you think we look scary enough? Would you give us lots of sweeties?

No comments: