Monday, July 16, 2007

Legolas - Introduction

Legolas is a young elf. He appears to be about 14 human years old though I'm not sure exactly how old he is according to elf reckoning. He has been named after Legolas from LOTR though he is not related to the original in any way.

Legolas was sent here because he was not behaving very well. He skipped school way too often as he preferred roaming in the forests rather than concentrating in his studies. As he had not done anything real bad, he was allowed to choose between Elf Reform School and coming here. He chose to come here because he is afraid of the Reform School.

But Legolas is not quite sure if he has made the right choice after all.

Legolas: This is a stupid place, nothing but little kids here. In the reform school there would at least be other elves of my age even though lots of them are really bad characters...

Umbriel has noticed that legolas is sulking and tries to offer some consolation.

Umbriel: Home schooling is not as bad as it sounds. And you'll have enough free time to roam in the forest, too. Don't you want to learn everything?


Legolas: Stupid kid, do you really think that anybody can learn everything? And what do you do with all the knowledge? It's just useless ballast!


Umbriel: It never hurts to know as much as possible. You never know what information you will need. Aren't you curious at all?

Legolas: I'm curious enough but I'm not interested in books. Leave me alone.

Umbriel: As you wish.


Legolas: "Don't you want to learn everything?" Stupid kid, there's not enough time in the eternity to learn everything.

Caliban has also noticed that Legolas is sulking and tries to help in his way...

Caliban: Why are you sad?

Legolas: What? Another stupid kid?


Caliban: You may hold one of my monkeys if you want.

Legolas: Ummmm... thanks, I guess. Now leave me alone.


Legolas: Another stupid kid with stupid stuffed monkeys...

But then a very strange noise is heard. It is Niks and Naks who arrive - playing a tin drum and a saw! They know that music can tame even a wild beast - let alone a sulking elf.

Niks & Naks: Hello there!


Legolas: I'll be a monkey's uncle! A marching troll band!

Niks: Do you want to join our band?

Naks: If you don't have any instrument, just get a couple of kettle lids and start banging them together.


Legolas: Well, I don't think I'll care about banging kettle lids together, but maybe I can get some other instrument...

Niks: Sure, anything will do. Just as long as it makes a joyous noise.

Naks: The more noise the better.


Legolas: I would really like to learn to play something. Though I might not join Niks's and Naks's noise band. I'll have to think about this...

No comments: